Monday, November 13, 2006

THE VOICE OUTSIDE MY HEAD

I heard today, that a disciple is one who lives a disciplined life. Surprised? I was but then, what did I think it meant? Of course, simple. So immediately I asked myself the obvious question: Where do babies come from....NO, not that question...Am I living like a disciple of Jesus Christ? Or more simply: Am I a disciplined person.
Sometimes, more than I ever have been, trying hard, were all responses that lay on the gray matter. But since things have changed here in Melfort, SK - snow fell and I feel the push to walk inside at our beautiful "Northern Lights Sports Palace" - I seem to have lost my firm grip on my head! Its like the Bible verse my Pastor read on Sunday while commenting on sloth - "the sluggered says, there is a lion in the street," hmmm sounds like me - backing out on my discipline regime because of a bit of snow.
So last night, this faithful voice that is outside of my head said, "We are going to walk outside tomorrow. Nothing is going to stop you."
May I have $10 worth of courage please, and $100 worth of discipline. Sometimes I need to hold on to his determination and courage, sometimes I can't get it from deep down and thats when you know you have the bestest friend in the whole world...cuz he lets you share his discipline. I love my dear friend and trainer - Oprah eat your heart out :)
Remember endurance is 90% in the mind and the other 10% is in the mind!

1 comment:

Diane said...

It's still discipline to submit to an outside force of discipline or put another way, if a tree falls in the forest is it still laying on the ground?
Congratulations on getting outside!