Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Lake Superior Prov Park, Agawa Bay / 1000 km mark

I am writing from the guest station at Lake Superior Provincial Park, so I wont be able to upload any photos.
We are being challenged by the big hills here. Monday we did the Montreal Harbour Hill, I should be able to tell you how long it was but I only can tell you it was rather loooonnnngggg. Today was cooler, in fact we even felt cold.
We have increased the daily distance by 2 kms. So we are doing 27 km per day now (today we did 28 just because there was no place to stop until then). We needed to catch up to get home on time so we will continue with 27 per day.
Paul is doing wonderful! He didn't train but he has come and jumped right in. What an athlete!
On Sunday night there was a terrible storm. So much rain fell that roads were washed out and even parts of hwy 17 were damaged. We walked past a couple of mud slides and cave ins along the shoulder. The streams are gushing still and its Tuesday now.
We are soon going to pass the 1000 km mark!!! On Thursday we will be getting to Wawa and will have a celebration there!!! 1/3 accomplished.
Well, I am tired but Paul wants me to tell you that this morning at 6 am we saw a hugh bull moose standing in the water at the mouth of the Agawa River. Paul loves moose.
Ok, Paul just said that my writing is terrible cuz I'm so tired. I need to eat. We need to get gas. I am leaving you now. :) zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

6 comments:

Beth said...

You are such an inspiration. I can't believe you are already at the 1000 mark! :)

Lots of love and prayers!!

Beth, Brian & Crue Curry

Sonya and David said...

Congrats!! So excited for you!! We are continuing to pray for protection and provision. Please know that you are in our thoughts!

Sonya and David

J said...

I love you Mom. Dad, thanks for being such a great protector, leader and inspiration to Mom! You guys make me smile every time I think of you. We pray for you at every meal. Pray for me...my kids are driving me crazy! Like I said, I LOVE YOU!
take care
amie

Unknown said...

Hey Paul and Denise,

We love you guys! We wish we could be with you and walk with you. I'm following you closely here on the blog! Our life group has decided to support you to help achieve your goal. We met with Pator Michel and Lydia when they were here and our group was really inspired.
I hope that members of the group will let you know individually so you can be encouraged!

Please know that we love and miss you guys. Pastoring together with you two in rural Sask. has some appeal - we miss you!

Unknown said...

Hey by the way - that last one about the life group etc. is from Kevin and Louise. SOrry - forgot to sign it. I'm using my friend Matt's account so disregard that...

:-)

Love Kev and Lou

Unknown said...

Hi Denise:
You are amazing 1000 k wow! You are such an inspiration to all of us. God new what he was doing picking you for this jouney. I am sure all the people you meet on this adventure will never forget your friendly smile and happy face. You are always glowing a gift from God. Keep up the good work(walk) I would love to be walking with you. God Bless to all of you and big hugs.
Cathy (Breadalbane Church)