Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Paul, Paul, Paul


Have I ever mentioned that my husband is a genius with a camera? He took these two photos along the Old Woman Bay hill. Which we all agreed was a harder than the Montreal Harbour Hill. (Way to go for the shot Paul, laying it on the line and all.)


These lakes are all together in one area in Lake Superior Prov Park.

Morning glory along the road. Its so hard not to take more photos of all the awesome glory of God revealed along the road.
I want to share with you how God provided for our need on June 22. We knew that Friday night didn't hold an easy stay over. We were finishing the day in the middle of nowhere but we knew God would provide something. We were walking 27 kms that day so as we came close to the end of the day we started looking for possibilities - logging road? a wide shoulder? no our provider had prepared something better. In the picture Paul is approaching 27 kms and our private pull off - well we had to share it with a brand new high hoe. Although I knew He would provide when this construction site was exactly at 27 kms I was overwhelmed with His loving care.
We have also missed some big "flash bang storms." He keeps looking after us.
Paul is leaving us on Friday. I wanted to write about that but . . . We have arranged that he is going to come to visit when we get into Manitoba -the first week in August. So thats only 6 weeks away.
I do want to say how much I appreciate my best friend. Although he has been a pastor for 21 years he is growing and becoming a man of God. This is not easy work. It takes alot of humbling, alot of wisdom. It is a hard road but he has given himself to this work. His teacher at NBBI, Mark Bredin, told the class, "It just gets harder class." Paul is in the "getting harder" stage of life. There is no easy road to becoming.
You know we are all on a long journey - all of it is hard. But we have this hope. Christ is returning to take us home. Heaven is our destination.
Keep fighting the fight Paul, don't give up. I'm so proud of you. And I'll be proud to stand beside you at the throne.
We have been listening to this song by Brad Paisley alot,
When I get where I'm going on the far side of the sky.
The first thing that I'm gonna doIs spread my wings and fly.
I'm gonna land beside a lion,and run my fingers through his mane.
Or I might find out what it's likeTo ride a drop of rain
Yeah when I get where I'm going,there'll be only happy tears.
I will shed the sins and struggles,I have carried all these years.
And I'll leave my heart wide open,I will love and have no fear.
Yeah when I get where I'm going, Don't cry for me down here.
I'm gonna walk with my grandaddy,and he'll match me step for step,
and I'll tell him how I missed him,every minute since he left.
Then I'll hug his neck.
So much pain and so much darkness,in this world we stumble through.
All these questions, I can't answer,so much work to do.
But when I get where I'm going,and I see my Maker's face.
I'll stand forever in the light,of His amazing grace.
Yeah when I get where I'm going,there'll be only happy tears.
Hallelujah!I will love and have no fear.When I get where I'm going.
Yeah when I get where I'm going.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi guys; I thoroughly enjoy the pics and stories and continue to pray for as you go into the last 2/3s of your journey. Wow, time flies when you're having fun eh??? We're having an incredible amount of rain here so I'm hoping you're not getting too much of that. Come to think of it....I don't know which would be worse walking in rain or 30 degree heat! Take care "Bat-Woman" (I had to phone Emmie and tell her that story and the "Tanks, eh?" and we killed ourselves laughing.) You should write a book when you're done the walk and make more money for your little African kids! Keep up the good work and say hi to your "partner in crime" Rhonda

Jean Brodie said...

Hi Paul Denise and Diane Trust that you had another great day. Congratulations Denise for completing over one third of the journey. how great God is to provide the perfect resting spots. God is faithful to those who are faithful to Him and you are being faithful! Paul those are beautiful pictures- i feel that I am walking with you BUT i know that physically I do not have enough aches to say I am walking with you!! Keep on keeing on. God bless. Jean B

J said...

The words to that song are beautiful. JOn and I have also thought it would be a good idea to write a book when you get home. I hope you are taking notes mom, cause this book, I'm going to make you write.
We are on our way to Swift current to see the in-laws and then up to Melfort to see dad. I'm excited to see dad because I'll be closer to you through him. Miss you so much. Elijah wants to see his Nanna, so keep walking home, we are all waiting. I'm crying now....love you
amie-lou