Wednesday, August 08, 2007

TO HONOUR SENIORS READING THIS BLOG

One of the surprising delights of the walk is the stories I have been told by friends and family members of their senior relatives who have learned new skills so that they could keep up to date with Simple Steps Walk!
My son and daughter-in-law, Josh and Becky DeGraaf have told me of Becky's grandmother who, determined to keep up with the walk had her son install and teach her to use a computer. Hello Selma, I am looking forward to giving you a big hug when I reach Saskatoon!
Then there was the family who's senior loved one couldn't be contacted by phone and becoming concerned they sent someone over to the house to see if there was any problem. "No problem!" she explained, "I was just reading Denise's blog!" Sorry to the Hay family and a big hug and kiss to Ruby for your support and prayers.
To all the other seniors, thank you for your interest and support. I couldn't do this without the prayers of so many. Every step is a gift from God.
So if you are a senior who reads this blog could you please comment and let me know who you are. Or if you are a family member of a senior leave a comment to tell me of your relative who has made it a point to read this blog. Lets make a list of seniors who read this blog.
NOTE: you have to sign up for your own blog to leave a comment. That doesn't mean that you have to blog (although my Mom has enjoyed the experience) you just have to "register" with blogspot to leave a comment. Its an easy process and worth the effort.

6 comments:

Scott Orr said...

yes denise, i go on to the typewriter everyday to keep up with you. i love your blug!
:)

Sonya and David said...

Hi Denise,
Well Mom & Dad, (Gary & Margaret in Sudbury)are seniors and they read your blog faithfully as do we.....(and David can get senior discount when he goes south golfing)
We think of you often and are praying for you daily.
God Bless!
Sonya and David

Jean Brodie said...

Hi Denise I take a copy of the blog to Mum and Dad who are following you- I also know that if I miss Stan Forbes is faithful to keep them up to date!

J said...

I don't know any seniors who are reading your blog...sorry! But I read it! :)
miss you see you soon
amie-lou

GwenUnruh said...

Hi Denise. Well I may not be a senior but you gave me the motivation to open an account! We enjoy reading your blogs and our prayers are with you.
Love, Gwen and Brian

CHRIS said...

just to say hello. I do appreciate what denise is doing only God will reward her she does not remember me but the last time we talked together was in the village of hope here in Burkina and I pray that she succeed in what she is doing I hope that we will see each over again in the village of hope.
May God be with you