Friday, February 23, 2007

Confluence

Confluence - meeting of streams: a flowing together of two or more streams, or a point at which streams combine- stream: a stream formed by others combining- meeting of two or more things: a meeting or joining of two or more things, or the place where two or more things meet or join
My definition of confluence is when you have the flu and responsibilities that you need to attend to coming together on the same weekend. Like this weekend: Ladies Retreat at my home church, I am part of the planning committee, I am invited to speak at a near by (45 min south) sister church at their Ladies Retreat tonight; it is snowing and blowing; and I do have the flu (or cold thing). That is the confluence I am at right now. We know that there are strange and wily currents at confluences and so we need to navigate carefully through them.
I like that word: confluences. We'll make it and the weekend will be over and .... only 8 weeks til we leave Melfort!
Living in green pastures with my Pastor, denise

No comments: