Monday, April 30, 2007

Day 4

Photo: Denise, Becky & Joshua

Simple Steps Walk Thursday, April 26, 2007 written in Golden Lake

By eight in the morning I was taking the computer over to the restaurant to see if the wireless would work (it didn’t). I called Josh and asked him to meet us at Irving’s for bfast. I was surprised when I spotted a very handsome man and immediately turned my eyes away (as is my habit when my mind registers a man as handsome)and then with a laugh realized it was my own son I was looking at! What a blessing to be together again! He looks so much like a man. We talked about some of our experiences of late and we encouraged each other. I thank God for his wisdom, friendship, and straight forward honesty with me. We will be staying with Josh & Becky until Sunday. Paul has asked him to do some work on the RV.
I was anxious to get to Ottawa to go the Mountain Equipment Coop as I had a $200 gift certificate. (Thanks Colleen for that great gift!) Diane didn’t come as she wanted to spend some time doing wash, working on her scrap booking, and getting organized. Josh & I stopped in at Becky’s work to trade vehicles as his truck is hard on the gas. She gave us a tour of her work place and I was jealous. She is working at a large printing company in the pre-press dept. I am so proud of her.
I was able to get a breatheable waterproof coat and pants plus a few other small items at MEC. I am very thankful for this generous gift!
While Diane continues to sleep in the RV, I am taking advantage of their guest room.

No comments: