Thursday, March 15, 2007

BIG BIG DEAL!


WOW, March 15, 2007 is a big deal day!

A couple from our church who wish to remain anonymous (Todd & Colleen Naber -you dont always get what you wish for) have purchased a motorhome for the specific purpose of lending it to us for the walk. Todd has been looking for the perfect vehicle since December '06 and today he found the deal of a life time. The lovely lady who sold it to him was ever so sweet and generous! Here are some pics.
Todd is going to get his mechanic to go over it to check all the essentials are in good order before the trip. And one more thoughtful little detail they are looking after is all the gas!!! How do you say thank you for a gift like that!
So that makes us officially ready to go! We don't have a computer to keep updating the blog and my ipod or a dvd camera to document the whole walk and maybe get it edited down into a documentary??? Thats ok. God has been so generous that I am shocked.
Our sons, Josh & Scott have purchased an expensive cell phone for us with 10-4 capabilities so that Paul and I can talk for unlimited minutes everyday. It works great and is crystal clear. So all we need now is patience - to wait the 5 weeks and 3 days to pass.
We will probably do some test runs - say three or four consecutive days at 25km/day just to get warmed up.
I should also mention that a friend who was in the middle of buying a home called tonight to ask about our house. Wouldn't that be wonderful if we could sell the house before I leave!!!
Well why shouldn't I expect amazing things to happen today - after all it is March 15!

2 comments:

Paul said...

What an incedible answer to prayer. God is faithful. I thank God for allowing me to share the adventure of the journey of this life with you. You are a woman with a God-sized vision. I hold you in high esteem and cherish you as my life partner.
UMLB

Charlotte said...

Good Morning Denise
Keith and I have just returned from South Africa (vacation). I was excited to read your blogs and to see how well you are doing. Pastor Michel and Lydia will be staying with us for the month before your walk. I trust that we will be able to generate lots of enthusiasm for your walk. Keep up the good work. Charlotte