Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Closer than ever before!

Today is the first day the sun has shone in Melfort for a very long, long time. I really have no idea but the way the sun has lifted my spirits seems to indicate it has been too long. I walked today, in the sun and it was encouraging. I felt so good I found myself out by the grave yard (5.60km from our house), when suddenly the familiar rumblings started. Pulling out my cell phone I called Paul even though I knew he was visiting an older gentleman and would never answer it. So I left a message and hoped he would go to the washroom to listen. After a few more minutes my bowels caused me more panic and I called Paul's cell phone again. He did come to pick me up and there was no mishap -for which I are extremely thankful. Thank you Paul for rescuing me again.

We are closer than ever before to having a camper van for the walk! Todd Naber has promised a camper van for the walk and the gas too! This businessman goes to our church and has been working on getting a camper van for a couple of months now. The other day he said within the next two weeks he would have to buy something or the prices will be going up. As soon as we get our hands on it I will of course post a photo here for you. I am really happy about this as today’s little walk demonstrated…we need to have a toilet close by during the walk.

Diane and I were invited to the Bagley Baptist Mission Circle meeting to share Simple Steps with them last night. We were so blessed by this group of eleven women (at least two were missing). They told us their mission circle had been going for 63 years. When the offering was taken this small group of believers gave us $305.00!!! They also promised their prayer support which will be of the most value to us on the road. What a beautiful spirit of godliness was felt at that meeting. Both Diane and I felt honoured to have been with them.

2 comments:

Paul said...

Lucy, you can call on me any time you have a need and I will be there for you. Your forever paddling partner.

Mom said...

I love to read your blog and am praying for you. God is with you.keep it up .Love Mom