Friday, September 21, 2007

7 km more to finish

This road is now acting as a breakwater. I guess the drought is over. Thank you Lord.
Can you see the two grain terminals in the background - thats Melfort! Almost there.

Friends join us from Burlington, Ontario and walk the last couple of kms yesterday.
Approaching the end of the second last day! Sleeping at home tonight.
Today we walked to the junction of Hwy #41 and #41A. That's where we will start tomorrow. People are going to join us for the last 7 kms and we will end at a park where we will have entertainment, a program, a chance for us to say thank you and a celebration.

I am pretty disoriented tonight but I know that I will begin to find some balance as time goes by. My mental health plan includes writing thankyou notes to all who donated, spending time organizing our home, and then in November 1 we leave for Burkina Faso to visit the Village of Hope.

As we approached the last 2 kms today a strange woman approached me and wanted to give me a donation! She turned out to be the Director of Careforce International and I just mistook her for a strange person because she's from Ontario :) She had come for the celebration with 3 other of our friends. What a blessing to see them!!
All I could say was, "Look what the Lord has done!" I will try to write in a couple of days about my feelings etc - right now I am dizzy with the events of the day and tomorrow coming up.
Love you, denise

3 comments:

Ashley Taylor said...

As I write this you should be done. Let me be the first "online" participant to say thank you so much for a job well DONE!!

Now I can't wait for the November pictures, oh and the ones from today as well!

Maren H. said...

Hi there - just want to officially write "A big welcome home!!" I'm sure there are going to be some adjustments, reorientations, etc. but I know that God will help you with that, too.
I thought the celebration today was God-honoring and fun and that was my prayer. Again, Great job! I am very happy for you that you have been able to have this experience. It is never very fun or memorable to serve ourselves so you are one to be "envied", really - in a good way, if you know what I mean. See you soon! Maren

Unknown said...

Hi Dennis:
Just dropping a line to congratulate you on completing this adventure. May God be glorified for a long time to come.

Carol Nykiforuk