Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Only 4 more sleeps!!!

Yes we are only four sleeps away from Melfort! We have spent the whole summer (and parts of the spring and fall) walking across three provinces and here we are almost home.
People ask me what I have learned from this experience. I often speak about the surprise that people are not as cynical as I thought but there is something more important. . . I have learned that taking risks is worth the reward of walking with my Lord. Peter stepped out of the boat onto the water and took the risk of a lifetime. He even realized the truth of the risk when he began to sink. But Peter is the only person who knows the experience of walking with Christ ON the water. Knowing Christ like you have never known him before is the reward of risk.
When I started thinking about the walk all of the risks were considered. And if I didn't think of one, someone else would be sure to let me know of a risk that I had overlooked. But the desire to help others and make a difference in people's lives motivated me to step out into risk.
Go ahead and take a risk.
This advert placed by Sir Ernest Shackelton sparked the interest of some 5000 people who responded with a desire to sign up for this expedition. "Men wanted for hazardous journey. Low wages, bitter cold, long hours of complete darkness. Safe return doubtful. Honour and recognition in event of success."
Are you considering a risky step? If you are following God's direction for your life you will NOT be disappointed! The rewards are worth the effort and risk. The best reward will be postponed until you stand before your Lord and you hear Him say, "Well done thou good and faithful servant!"
Don't waste this vapour of life you have been given. I know you have thought about this too. So do what God is asking you to do. Don't keep your life all safe and secure and then in the end find out that it didn't matter.
Take a risk and lose your life for Christ. I promise you He will not disappoint or abandon you.
Jim Elliot said, "He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what he can never lose."
I believe in you, you can do it! denise

2 comments:

Jean Brodie said...

Thanks for your encouragement and challenge Denise. I so do not want to waste my life-as John Pipers book reminds me- I so want it to count for Christ!! You have been such an inspiration to many- only eternity will tell! To God be the glory GREAT things He has done! Love Jean

Sonya and David said...

Denise....we so needed to hear your words of encouragement. Our moving truck arrives Fri. and we will be headed from Ontario to Manitoba on a FT permanent ministry adventure at Red Rock Bible Camp.
Thank you for allowing God to use you.
We have followed your entire journey and will continue to pray for you.
Sonya and David
www.biehns.blogspot.com