Monday, September 10, 2007

A weekend in Caronport

DONATION UPDATE!!! $89,600
With only two weeks to go I was able to spend Saturday evening, Sunday and Monday with our daughter and family in Caronport. It has been such a wonderful time with our grandchildren and sharing with Amie and Jon again. They have just moved to Caronport so that Jon could continue his studies at Briercrest. It was nice to see their new house and where they will spend the next year while at school. These are photos from the weekend previous that the kids came to visit me in Regina.
On Sunday it was my privilege to speak at Ashley & Lisa Taylor's church, Sunningdale Community Church in Moose Jaw. (You can see photos on Ashley's blog HERE) They were a warm and generous congregation. They had a special gift ready as well . . . the worship team sang the Brian Doerkson song, You Will Lead Us Lord (the song that the title "Simple Steps" came from) and had a slide presentation with photos of the walk. What a kind and generous gesture. Thanks Ashley and Lisa for all your support!
On Monday I spoke to the students in chapel at Briercrest and felt the Lord filling my mouth with His words. What a humbling experience to know that God is using you. Thanks to Cal McFarlane the chaplain here at Briercrest who invited me to join the students in chapel.
We were then spontaneously invited to speak to a Micro Economics class about the plight of Burkina Faso. Paul joined me for this presentation.
Well, tomorrow I hit the road again. Diane and I have agreed to meet at Davidson at 10 am. Five days of 30 kms to next weekend will take us to Aberdeen (north east of Saskatoon) and then the next weekend we will be home!
Thanks for hanging in there with us all this way! We will continue to blog when we get home as Paul & I will be taking a trip to the Village of Hope i.n Burkina Faso on November 2 - 16. We will put photos and stories from the trip here.

No comments: