Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Donors, Radio, Blisters

Simple Steps Walk Monday, May 14, 2007 written in Anten Mills, On
Kilometers covered today: 25.1

We slept in and got a late start as planned today. I finally started walking at 8:45 am in Stayner. Diane caught up with me soon after and in good time cuz the morning is full of washroom breaks. Sometimes I really get frustrated with how many times I need to get into the RV to use the washroom.
The day went by one hour of walking at a time. The breaks that we planned (before leaving) to be 15 minutes have turned out to be half hour breaks. So the day goes by and I am usually just finishing up by 5:30 or 6 pm. I am hoping that this will change as we move into a routine and my body gets stronger.
I have two blisters, one on each heel. But it would have been unreasonable to think I could get away without any the whole trip. They haven’t caused any problem – they are just sensitive but don’t inhibit my walking at all. One thing I do when I finish for the day is have a foot bath. This started with Jay doing this for me for the first three days while we were staying there. Thanks Jay.
Some good news came today: Running Room is sponsoring the walk with 2 pairs of Kayano running shoes and some technical shirts!
Also, Darren stopped to talk to me today. When he drove by he noticed the signs and turned around to come by to get a donation envelope! Then a couple of hours later the Barrie Christian Radio station called for an interview! Darren had called them to let them know about the walk. They called back again and said they were going to sponsor the walk. So tomorrow we are going to drop by to pick up a sticker to put on our vehicle!
Tonight at the end of the walk was a chip stand, “The Fry Guy”. Diane did her magic and asked if we could park in his drive way and plug in – of course he said yes. We were so excited to have some of his French fries and I ordered “The Hungryman(woman)” which had chicken strips too. When Diane went to pay he wouldn’t take the money! Supper was on him. I told him that every night we ask God to provide a place for us to stay and he was our angel tonight. He thought he had more devil in him than angel.
Tomorrow we will get a very early start and hopefully make it to hwy 12. We will also go down into Barrie to visit the CAA office and the Christian radio station. Maybe Jayme will be able to get it worked out so that I can pick up that stuff from Running Room too.
God’s provision is astounding! Thank you Lord.

1 comment:

Jenn1334 said...

God bless you Denise!

I have had my share of blisters - try this... my outdoor ed teacher in highschool taught that tanic(sp?) acid will help... so each night, have a cup of tea, and use the warm (not hot) tea bags on your blisters - works wonders for me (-: