Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Tuesday May 22

Its my 49th birthday today! And yesterday my sweet husband ordered 24 long stemmed red roses! During the morning walk I recieved a phone call from a florist asking me to stop by when I walked through town that day. Paul was disappointed because he had asked them to deliver them on the road. That would have been shocking! But, the roses speak to me of his EXTRAVAGANT love for me. Thank you Paul.

Paul's parents, his sister Joy and one of her daughters, Hannah have driven up twice now to visit us on the road and bring us gifts of food and other necessary items. Thanks to them we have a little item that tells us if there is wireless available in the area. We also have lots of Tim Horton gift certificates. Thanks!



If you ever find yourself in Port Carling make sure you stop into this beautiful restaurant! Ella, her husband and lovely daughter were more than hospitable to us when we landed on their doorstep an hour before opening time. They gave us free breakfast and a large donation to the walk! What a special time we had together. Ella said that she had been a long distance runner but now her hip was bothering her. I am sure she has enough to do with this enterprise under way.



I wanted to share this with you all. What interesting things I pass along the way. This tree must have grown around a rock. It reminds me of the Ents from Lord of the Rings.


Al stopped us on the road to bring us words of encouragement and friendship and give us a donation to the walk! Thanks Al for your smile. God bless you.

The Ontario flower, the trillum, is blooming on the forest floor everywhere. It is against the law to pick these.


This makes me so sad. Please take your garbage home and deal with it. Dont dump it in someone else's back yard!


Just walked by the Shawanaga River today. Near Pointe au Baril, ON.





8 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Denise
May God continue to bless you in this 49th year of your life as you seek to do his will.
Love Erin Sauve (jamieson)

Unknown said...

not sure why it says caleb...i think the computer is using my brothers blog thing...
sorry
erin

Paul said...

You make those roses look beautiful. One more week until I get to gaze into those deep blue irish eyes.
UMLB!

Sonya and David said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sonya and David said...

opps....

Happy belated B-Day Denise!!....and how sweet of your DH (dear husband)to send the flowers.
We have been continuing to pray for you...that God would provide the strength and safety you need for every step.
My family is in the Sudbury area and are hoping to connect with you and get you on the Christian radio station there...or to speak at my Dad's church. He has been to the VOH too!
Blessings for today!
Sonya and David

Jenn1334 said...

Have a very happy birthday Denise!! The pictures are great - you are an awesome woman!

Kathy said...

Happy belated birthday Denise.You are looking radiant. God keep you strong.
Love
Kathy

J said...

mom, grandma posted pictures of their visit with you on her blog. Your legs look great. Getting the workout of a life time! Anyways, I miss you tunes and wish I was there with you. Need to phone you and talk.
love
lou!