Friday, May 18, 2007

Pics of the week

Here are some picture of the past week.



Breakfast in the Endurance taken this morning (May 18). Diane is an amazing support to me as she spends so much time making meals and having it ready for me when we are done for the day. Thanks Diane, you are a servant of God.



Walking through a peaceful woods on a small winding road I heard a train approaching from a long distance off. It came closer and closer. The woods were so thick that I couldn't see it but knew that it was running parallel to the road. Then it blew it's whistle. The sound crashed through the woods and my shoulders shot up, my head ducked down, my knees bent and I couldn't even breathe. You would think that I would be ready for the next time it blew, but it was as frightening as the first time! The train is gone, but the shock is still with me.

I wondered if that whistle was supposed to make people get off the tracks - it made me freeze in shock and confusion. I don't think I could move even if I knew the danger it warned of.



The end of the little forest road was at Torrance. This cleft rock was just outside of that town.

On the rainy day we had two visitors, this is Ian. He was riding his bike from Manitoulin Island to Barrie. We turned around to chase him down and then invited him into the RV for a coffee. Diane is a wonderful hostess.

Sarah, Simon and Gabriel came all the way from Barrie to visit us and bring us lunch - which we ate for two days. It was so exciting to talk about Mike and Sarah's call to missions work in Mozambique! You don't often see young people entering the missions field FULL TIME any more and I was so happy to see a young couple with two little ones drop all that is in their hands to say yes to the call of God. Remember, "If God calls you to be a minister, don't stoop to be a King." May God bless the Thessien family with all His provision and joy!


After a full day's walk, The Fry Guy gave us a free supper and a free place to stay for the night and plug in too! Always exciting when we get electricity!




Morning departure (6:00 am ) from Hamlet, ON. The Severn Canal goes through this vacation land.

Sunday, May 15 at Craigleith Provincial Park on Georgian Bay. It was very moving when I came over the last hill on Airport Rd and saw the shores of Georgian Bay. I had walked from the shores of Lake Ontario to the shores of Georgian Bay. Just one of many landmark moments.



Before the launch of the walk we stayed at my sister & brother-in-law's (Ron & Joan Germain). They had a new batch of puppies and Diane spoiled one little one that wasn't well. They are both beautiful creations of our heavenly Father.
Well ok, I have 2.5 more hours on the road to go today so I am on my way. Lots of love to all.
From Muskoka Lakes, denise

No comments: