Thursday, May 10, 2007

Passing Through the Town of Erin, Ontario, May 10, 2007

Today D&D passed through the rural town of Erin, Ontario (Km.63). They were greeted with a warm welcome by everyone they met. At the local pharmacy they were given permission to stay in their parking lot and another resident invited them to park the RV in his drive tonight.



On Main Street they stopped at the post office to get a post mark in their journal and the postal attendant made a donation and encouraged them to go to the local radio station, Erin Radio, 101.5FM, across the street. There they met Jay Mowat, who hosts a daily program called, Main Street. The program highlights interviews with the people who contribute to the character of the town of Erin. I think the interview with D&D will be aired today at 5PM Ontario time (3PM Saskatchewan time). You can listen on line by going to erinradio.ca and clicking on the Listen Now button. they also visited a chocolate shop where the owner gave them some goodies. Sugar is fuel! They are hoping to do 30 kms. today to make up for the lost time yesteday. If you are following on a map, their goal for today is to reach the junction of Charleston Rd. (County Rd. 24) and Airport Rd. (County Rd. 7), just 4.5 kms. south of the town of Mono Mills (the bearings are N43 55.050 W79 55.873).


Here's a pic of the kind of countryside they are enjoying as they travel. The temperature has been in the high 20s.

Paul 4 Denise

5 comments:

J said...

Love you mom. Thanks for the phone call. Maybe you were thinking of me today because I was asked yesterday afternoon to do story hour at the library today. It turned out even with bringing both the kids with me. I'm trying to get the house clean for the spring...not great at that. Keep at it. Sounds like you are blessing lots of people.
love
amie

Ashley Taylor said...

Can't wait to see all the "little thing" that prove that God is with you each step of the way, whether it be exhilirating or challenging, and we know there will be lots of both!

Prayin' for ya!

Unknown said...

Hi Denise and Dianne:
I just went on your site for the first time and was thoroughly enjoying all the info! It got me so excited that I wished I was Samantha and I could twitch my nose and be there and walk with you for aways but then I'd have to twitch myself back as I work tomorrow! The pics are gorgeous; makes the walking more "enjoyable" eh? We just had an inch of rain dump in short order here so I hope you don't get any of that; you've got sunglasses and goggles and headgear but did you remember the umbrella?? Come to think of it; that might not be such a good idea anyway; you might just end of being a good lightning target! Better just stay in the motorhome if it's raining and wait for sunshine!!(ha) Keep up the good work and we'll be praying for you both as you continue on your adventure. Take care. Rhonda B.

Melodee L said...

Hey D&D!!! I miss you and think of you every day!! It is so amazing how God is providing for your needs and that so far you are doing well. I was in Saskatoon for the weekend for a B-Ball tournament for Daecy and the boys are into lacrosse season. My garden is worked up and ready to plant!! Sorry Diane, I know how you will miss doing that this year.
I have started reading that book Denise that we are suppose to read together. Definitely a hard read!! I am trying not to skip parts but it is hard not to.
The country side looks beautiful. I am praying for you and thinking of you, especially when I am walking.
Love, Melodee

#4Chuk said...

Denise, Diane all my friends send there best wishes out to you. We all miss you so much! Diane my lunches haven't been the same since you left. Miss your warm smiles in church ladies and your voices to. We all send you our prayers and blessings and hope your walk goes as well as it has been.

Love Matt, Megan, Jeri, Felecia, and Dad!