Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Week 1 Down 145 km



View of Hamilton going south on hwy 6.





Kelly and Denise walking on Monday May 7.



One of the many hills north of Orangeville on the Airport Rd. I have started using my walking poles and it has seemed to bring a consistancy to my pace and taken pressure off one of my heels.


Simple Steps Walk Sunday, May 13, 2007 written in Anten, ON
To summarize this week is simple, it was a miracle. I have trained, yes. In the part of Saskatchewan where we live there are no big hills. Since January my training has taken second place to recovering from an injury and to the Saskatchewan winter weather (-35 degrees is a ripe for injury). So since then I have been moderately training. I thought for sure I would need to work up to the 25 km per day required. But, the week went by day by day and except for taking a day off for getting a tire changed on the RV (Thank You Glen Colling!) we were able to do 30 km days from Thursday to Saturday. These kms were done at the same 5 km/hour as the others but Aiport Road is a road of huge hills and valleys. I am so glad no one warned me about this road. I was able to take one hill at a time. It was on one of these hills that I felt the presence of Jesus in a way that I have never experienced Him before.
Some of the highlights of the week were:
1. The launch, pretty overwhelming but a good day
2. DeGraafs meeting us before Stayner on Saturday
3. Glen Colling replacing a tire for us on Wednesday
4. A farmer getting out of a bin (he was putting seed into the seeder from the bin) coming through the field to give me what he had in his pocket $70
5. Patrick the Viceroy guy who let us stay on his construction site and plug in for the night.
6. Saw the new Spiderman in Collingwood on Saturday night
7. The presence of Jesus as I walked the hills
8. Erin radio station reception: they treated so nicely and did an interview
9. Erin Chocolate shop: free chocolates thank you guys
10. Christy and Jay Lehman gave us a new camcorder for the walk.
11. Graham Line and kellie’s husband installed a satellite tracking system
12. Charlotte McAlpine presented me with a beautiful quilt from the Careforce Office
13. Moe from 1Hour Signs on Harvester Rd, Burlington donated a caution banner!
Saturday night we pulled into Craigleith Prov Park and stayed for two nights. It was great to dump our waste and fill up our water tank. The Sabbath was excellent. I really needed the break. We didn’t even go to church.

No comments: