Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Fog bound

Leave the road to the trucks in this fog!

A wet day too.
Last lake of the day.
This morning I woke at 5 am as usual but when I looked outside it was so dark I decided to keep sleeping for another half hour (I had only had 8 hours of sleep !!!). By 5:30 it was light enough to think about being on the road but there was quite a bit of fog. I wasn't feeling great but I dragged my "feelings" out the door with me to the road and got to work.

As we approached Terrace Bay the fog began to get thicker and thicker. I started to feel unsafe so I decided when we got to Terrace Bay we would wait for the fog to lighten up before going any further. So after bfast I got my hair cut, got a roll of loonies and two rolls of quarter (for laundry), did some grocery shopping, picked up some Calcium/Magnesium (w Zinc and vit D) vitamins, mailed some letters and got a cancellation stamp in my journal from the post office, oh yes and had lunch at a very good chinese restaurant. So by then we had spent about 5 hours there and the fog had lifted enough to walk.

We passed Schreiber but returned to this restaurant which has free wireless internet. The Voyageur Restaurant owner, Linda Jackson was more than hospitable as she agreed to allow us to stay in her parking lot overnight and even give us a place to plug in so we could watch a movie. Thanks Linda! We have chosen "The Queen." I just heard someone say its almost 10!!!! Yipes.
I am just going to put some photos up and call it a night. Had another great day walking home today!

1 comment:

Paul said...

My Love, you are an amazing woman. Inspite of the fact that you are facing this enormous task, you still remain a my number one helper and support. Thank you for your words of encouragement today. I am a blessed man to have you in my life. UMLB, paul