Friday, July 27, 2007

For the last two weeks Diane's husband, Carmen, has been with us. He has been a great help as he has installed a new starter, fixed the driver's door, fixed the back door, fixed screens, and bought a new 5600 watt generator and built a support bracket on the bumper to hold it.
At Upsala Diane and Carmen spent a fun time building this sand castle on the beach.

During the first weekend Carmen was here they spent time visiting the sights. Here they are at the Terry Fox Memorial.

This has been our mascot for the past two weeks. Brandy is a very smart, obedient and patient poodle. I have nicknamed him "Brandybuck" of the LOTR fame.

They also spent a hot evening playing under the falls at Raleigh Falls (between Upsala and Dryden).

Tomorrow morning (Saturday, July 28) Carmen will be heading home. Diane will take over the driving responsibilities again. I know Diane will miss having her best friend around. Only another 2 months before we get home (Sept 22).
The other day, Wednesday July 25, Carmen was working on the support bracket for the generator and Diane was supporting me with the car. So when I had to go pee I started asking the Lord for a good place to go into the woods. At just the right time I came across this "road." Thanking the Lord for his provision I started down the road.

I quickly came to a clearing with a BACKHOUSE in it!!! It was brand new and I was again very thankful - to both the owner and the Lord. After using it I thought how grateful I was and wanted to leave a message of thanks. So we left one of the Bibles, some tracts and a thankyou.

On Thursday morning we came across this truck in the ditch. Carmen thought the driver must have fallen asleep and just drove off the road. Again, this work place is dangerous and I need your prayers.
Look where we got to yesterday! But before we arrived we had a very exciting visitor.

Ray Perriman who is the International Project Advisor for Careforce Int'l stopped to walk with me. We had a great time of encouragement and then prayer. May God bless Ray as he serves the Lord with Careforce.

Then for supper we ended up at the Lovenuks. They are Carmen's 2nd cousins on his mother's side. Micheline and Ken were very generous and gracious hosts. They invited us back for a pancake breakfast this morning. Their son Phil is going to Brock U taking Kinesiology. We had such a wonderful time with them. In fact we are going to stay with them tonight too.

No comments: