Tuesday, July 24, 2007

NEW FEATURE!!!!

New feature: Paul has taken the time to add a Google Maps map of our walk with daily goals and updates. Just click on the link to see up-to-date news about where we are!!! Thanks Paul.



On Sunday we were in Ignace and I had noticed a sign in a store front that said, "Redemption Baptist Church." So on Sunday we went to the service. It is a new work that the Pastor (I'm sorry I forget his name) and his family has just started. The Pastor also works fulltime as a EMS at Pickle Lake. He had a wonderful sermon for his small congregation (the three of us doubled the number of those who were in the chairs.

After church we went out for lunch to celebrate my anniversary (29th) and Diane found an other animal friend. On Monday the heat (as it probably was for you) was incredibly hot. Diane had a touch of heat stroke since its so hot in the RV. When we got to a picnic area at Raleigh Falls we decided to stop and finish the last 4 kms in the cooler evening. This photo is just one section of the falls but it was so exciting and cool to get in behind the falls.

Behind Raleigh Falls.

Oh Oh I am getting closer!

I JUST COULDN'T RESIST!! SO MUCH FUN AND SO COOL.
Today, July 24 (Diane's birthday) it is 33 degrees and 41 with the humidex. As I walked this morning the heat just became too much. So I had to stop at 10:30. We left the RV in a large parking area and took Carmen's car into Dryden. Its hard to give in to the heat. I can beat anything, except heat. I can walk through torrents of rain, cold weather, snow even but the heat ... I have to give in and submit to its demands on my body. We will return to the RV and do the last 9 kms before going to bed tonight.
Happy Birthday Diane!






























5 comments:

Taylor Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Charlotte said...

Paul thanks for the map. I was having touble picturing where Denise had walk to and where she was heading. The knitters have been busy we have around 475 toques. We are off to Canadian L'abri on Bowen Island for a coupls of weeks. Our Kelowna family will join us for a few days. Rob & Wendy are with YWAM Kelowna. Blessings on you Diane and her husband.
Your sister in Christ
Charlotte

Sonya and David said...

Continuing to pray you through this journey. May you feel His presence with you today.
God Bless!

Sonya and David

p.s. we love the tracker map-great feature!!

Taylor Family said...

Thanks for posting that map - it makes it so much easier to be able to see where Denise is. I'm actually quite amazed when I look at the map and she how much of the walk is already completed - keep up the good work Denise!

Hope your dizzy spells have settled down. You remain in our prayers. We look forward to seeing you and sharing with you in this adventure when you reach the Moose Jaw area.

Lisa

Maren H. said...

Hi Denise and Diane and Carmen,too, if you are still there. I am finally at a place where I can drop you a note - sure hope your dizziness goes away and you can keep on trucking. Sure thought of you in the hot weather - today is such a relief. I've been recouping at my several sisters' and with Erin but feel a little impatient - I want to get better quicker.
I am so amazed to think of how far your feet have taken you. I know God is with you. Love and three cheers (and many more) to you!! Maren